Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sculpt 6k Walk

Today I accomplished the first of my goals for getting fitter and healthier that I set when I started this journey just over four months ago. I completed the Sculpt 6k walk/run in downtown Auckland along with about 2,500 other woman and my six months pregnant sister, Tracey who I asked along for moral support and to make sure I had no excuses for not doing it.

I was pretty happy with my time of 1:06. I walked the first lap with Tracey in 38 minutes and then she pulled out due to very sore feet and I completed the second lap in 28 minutes. Pretty happy with that!

The weather was great to start with cloudy and overcast so not hot at all but on the second lap it started raining and just didn't stop. We waited for prizegiving as long as we could but we were just getting too cold and wet so it was time to leave.

With all the training at the gym and around our local hills it was a surprisingly easy walk given it was all flat and I am really keen to do some more fun walks, probably 8-10 km next time. And I want to use these as training for either the Huntly or Rotorua half marathon, either walk or run, which are in May and June 2012.

There we go I have put it out there. That is my next big fitness goal.

Just an update on my other goal I set when I started on getting healthier of getting my weight down to 65 kg by Christmas. Well, I am almost there, I have only 500g to go and I am really happy with my weight and how I am feeling now. I think I will fluctuate around 65-67kg depending on the week, if I am travelling, what's going on etc but I am ok with that. I am the best I have looked or felt in a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment