Monday, December 12, 2011

One Little Word

Wow....it has been another busy week and I have no new layouts to share although there are a number of half finished pages sitting on my scrap table.

I have been thinking a lot about my One Little Word : Nurture that I chose this year. I started the year strong and with good intentions to nurture myself and my family. I was living a reasonably balanced life then things got busy and by the end of March the balance was all gone. I had taken on some new responsibilities at work and started the year traveling to Australia every two weeks. I was neglecting my health; eating badly and not exercising, I was always tired and had no patience with my family.

But then when I turned 40 and I saw that photo of myself it shocked me into changing my ways....nurturing myself. Without realising it I have been living true to my One Little Word for the last six months. I have been making an effort to get home from work at a better hour every night. I have been eating so much better, joined the gym, did my first fun walk and have lost 13 kilos. I have also been working on my patience with Ashleigh and making the weekends for family.

Already I have started thinking and planning for 2012. What is my One Little Word going to be? What do I want to focus on? What do I want to achieve?

No comments:

Post a Comment