Saturday, October 22, 2011

{School of Life...}

Many years ago I discovered Stacy Julian's School of Life concept which I fell in love with to record and remember all the little details from Ashleigh's school life. I started her School of Life album from the first day she started pre-school. Then I found Becky Higgins school kits which I brought and used for Ashleigh's second year of pre-school. Then I found Nichol Magouirk's blog and style of scrapbooking which I totally admire and love.

I scrap-lifted Nichol's school page from earlier in the year to make the double page spread of Ashleigh's second year of school. And the page uses a number of elements from the Becky Higgins school kit but just not in the way the kit was designed to be used. The pocket is from KI Memories and was perfect to hold the certificates, important school papers and reports she received over the year. The year two title is from a Kerri Bradford Studio digital die-cut kit.



I have also changed up Ashleigh's School of Life album to include her class photos, year end certificates and any other school related scrapbook pages I have completed over the year ie school camp, calf club and any field trips etc.

It is definitely a work in progress and I still have another part year of pre-school/year 0 and year 1 of school, but I think I have found a great way forward which is simple to duplicate the basic principal each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment