Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 9 | August 21st

We headed out for breakfast and to do some shopping late this morning about 11am. Our first stop was Target and once there we tried to find a place for brunch. After walking the long block we found a great little cafe which had delicious food which was all organic and locally sourced.

We spent quite some time in Target and Scott was very, very patient walking around and around the store several times while Ashleigh and I picked and then tried on a few clothes. Scott got himself a new pair of Massimo sunglasses. We also picked up some provisions....snacks, beer and water.

Then we drove down the road to Staples to have a look at the Martha Stewart Home stationary line. While Ashleigh and I looked around Scott popped across the road to the marine shop. I was lucky enough to pick up the MS labels etc that I was looking for as well as some chalkboard adhesive labels, which would be fun to use.

And our final stop was Paper Tales, a local scrapbook store. The store was very tiny, in fact they were preparing to break through the wall to the store next door tomorrow, but it was packed with some fantastic product. And they had the new My Minds Eye - The Sweetest Thing product that I was hoping to find. I didn't over do it but I did manage to pick up a few products that have been hard to find online such as the Studio Calico wooden stars and the Dear Lizzy thanks a bunch mason jar stamp.

Again Scott was very patient while I had a good look around and he looked at all the other shops in the block and even got a hair cut.

After stopping next door for a drink and something to eat for Scott and Ashleigh we finally headed back to the hotel around 4.30pm and I took Ashleigh down to the pool for a swim. Scott joined us later after he had a rest.

We decided after being out all day shopping and driving to have dinner at the Hyatt restaurant that overlooks the marina. It was one of our more extravagant meals although Ashleigh had a kids buffet that only cost her age. I had fillet mignon as I needed some red meat the first time since arriving here in the States. Ashleigh and Scott both helped me with the steak and Ashleigh absolutely loved it. As Scott ate earlier he just had a seafood chowder which was also very yummy.

The weather here is a bit cooler than we expected, which is great. I even wore my cardigan to dinner last night which was perfect for sitting outside. Hopefully, tomorrow it will stay a little overcast for our day at Sea World.

No comments:

Post a Comment