Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day 2 | August 14th

Wow, I can't believe we slept in until 11am today. I know we didn't get much sleep on the plane but 11am is unbelievable and we had to wake Ashleigh. She obviously needed to catch up on sleep as she got 14 hours sleep.

We decided to have a day around Santa Monica today and go to Universal Studios tomorrow. We finally started our day around 12pm and went for brunch at Santa Monica Place. It is surprising that the food is actually reasonably healthy. Even at the food court there is healthy options at all the food outlets.

Ashleigh had a strawberry crepe, which she said was the yummiest ever! Scott and I had Japanese - it is very, very popular here with lots of Japanese restaurants and sushi places.


After brunch we spent the afternoon shopping down 3rd Street Promenade. Ashleigh did well with purchases from Gymboree, Gap Kids and Old Navy. Scott got some great shorts and t-shirts from Old Navy, which he desperately needed. And I got a couple of things at Anthropologie. Maybe surprisingly I brought the least clothes.


I knew neon was the latest thing in fashion but I didn't know just how big. It is everywhere and man is it bright...I don't remember it being so bright the last time around.





By 4pm we had all had enough of shopping in the heat and it was time to head back to the hotel for a swim. Today was my turn to get in the pool with Ashleigh. We had a great time and she did a fantastic job practicing her tumble turns.


For dinner we found a little Japanese restaurant, Ma'kai with a view of the pier. Ashleigh had Salmon and Avocado Sushi and Vegetable Tempura which she totally devoured in the shortest time. Apparently, she was starving! Scott and I shared a few small starter dishes. It was all delicious.

Then on the way home, at Ashleigh's request, we took a ride on the Pacific Wheel at the pier. She absolutely loved it and the view was amazing.





An amazing day....according to Ashleigh....I would agree!


1 comment: