Monday, January 30, 2012

Project Life | Week 1 & 2

Well, I can't believe it but I have joined the hundreds, possibly thousands who have hopped on board the Project Life band wagon this year. I tried it once before in 2010 but only made it through the first month and then life took over. So, I recycled that album and kit and have started over.

I have also purchased the Clementine core kit which should be here next week and have pre-ordered a variety pack of the page protectors and the new black signature binder. I will be using the original kit and clementine core kit together with product from my vast stash, including several Studio Calico kits, and some digital elements from Ali Edwards, Cathy Zielske, Marcy Penner and Paislee Press.

It has taken more time than I wish but I have finally finished week one and two and I love the results. With me working four days a week I really didn't think we would have enough going on to do a double page spread each week so I am planning on only a single page each week but am flexible enough that if there is enough going on one week I will make it a double page. Week three was a big summer holiday week for us so it is planned as a double page. I am also adding inserts in when and if I need them.


Here we go with week one and it was a quiet week at home for Ashleigh and Scott and I was back to work on Wednesday. I am trying to keep each week simple and the embellishments reasonably flat otherwise I can see the album getting quite bulky by the end of the year.


This 4 x 6 photo has been layered with an October Afternoon label for the weeks dates and some very old alpha stickers and rub-on.


I used my new Silhouette Cameo for the Hello Life 2012 and the Weekend Ritual banner. Because I am only doing a single page per week I am following Michelle Wooderson's lead and doing a 'this week' card summarising each week.


Here is another October Afternoon label, you will see lots of these in the coming weeks, and I typed my journalling with my vintage typewriter.


I also had an insert this week. You can see how it looks with the main pages below. This one is a 6x12 using a template by Cathy Zielske from Designer Digitals. The journalling for the page is on the main page and was printed on the card so I could get the whole story down.

I have plans to use the back of the insert for week two to tell the story of our trip to Waiheke Island for a long weekend.


Our week two was a busy one. The school holidays continued, I travelled to Melbourne and Sydney for work and we all went to Waiheke for a long weekend. So you can see most of my photos this week are from our time at Waiheke and I used several of the free templates from Paislee Press. I think I will be using these a lot as they let me get more photos in a week. This week I also used a 4x6 and 3x4 journalling card from Marcy Penner.

I hope to get quicker at putting my pages together each week and already have my photos organised and printed for week three and four. The plan is to have both of these weeks finished before the end of week five. I also have an insert planned for week three and my photos for that are also printed.

No comments:

Post a Comment