Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Move More...Eat Better

After seeing that photo from my 40th birthday I was more determined than ever before to change my habits. I had slowly but gradually put on more and more weight over several years and that photo shocked me into finally doing something about it and changing my ways.

I did some research and found an iPad app to track and monitor my calorie intake and exercise. To provide additional motivation I set myself an eating and exercise goal. Goal one was to lose 13kg and get to my goal weight by the end of January 2012 and goal two was to participant in the Sculpt 6k walk and run on December 4th.

Well, I have been on this new me journey for just over three months and I am almost at my goal weight, I only have 2kg to go and I feel so good. I am fitting into clothes I haven't worn in a very long time. I am wearing more fitting clothes rather than the tunics and tights I was wearing that covered everything up. I had to go and buy a new pair of shorts last weekend because all my others had got too big...and they were a size 10...woohoo!

I started my exercise training with the cross-trainer I had at home but I knew if I wanted to get fit and lose weight faster I would need to do more, so I joined a gym about two months ago. I joined a small women's gym that I can call into on the way home from work so I would have no excuses for not going. I am really enjoying it. I try to get there three or four times a week and train for 40 minutes to an hour. And I am feeling so great for it.

Last night I finally got around to signing up for the Sculpt 6k walk and I am really looking forward to accomplishing this challenge with my sister joining me for support...even though she will be 6 months pregnant.

Exercising more (or at all) has been on my goals list year after year for a very long time. I am happy that I am enjoying it so much and I am confident that this is now a habit and exercise will always be apart of my life in one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment